Writing

I am trying my hand at writing. I am a newbie but love doing it so feel free to learn from what I am learning from as I add new things.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inventors with disabilities

Its very interesting how many inventors have disabilities. I think that probably comes from having to adapt to the limitations they had. I was reading in the book that Im getting these prompts from that alot of the creative juices that come are through struggling through it. If you struggle through something you are likely to have more epiphanies then if you just wrote to just get something without even trying. As unappealing as that sounds it makes sense. When we are forced to work out a problem we tend to have to learn problem solving skills as well as critical thinking.

All the inventors that I found did amazing things such as write music when deaf, discover forces of nature when having seizures and discover record players with deafness. How incredible the human body is to figure out how to compensate for what we don't have. If only we could remember that when we are complaining about not being able to do the little things in life. Often we just give into helplessness or deprivation because we dont want to work to get what we want. I know that some times we need to accept our limitations but I think it happens too often and we dont get as far in our lives as we could if we chose to work hard and think more about what we wanted and needed.

I know I have been guilty of these things. I am in pain or Im tired so I choose to live without something.Then I  feel terrible because I dont feel like my life has amounted to anything. Its a vicious cycle that most Americans have accepted as the normal. Sad really when you think of all the other places in the world that really dont have resources but they are often content with what they have.

I pray that I will grow in this aspect because life is really short and there is only so much time to become what Im suppose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment