Writing

I am trying my hand at writing. I am a newbie but love doing it so feel free to learn from what I am learning from as I add new things.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Experimenting

Its been recommended to me that I pursue more in my writing. I'm not even really sure where to begin but Ive been researching ideas and rules and such so I'm going to experiment here and see what happens.

The first experiment they suggested is to find adjectives for my personality. Even as I was reading about this I had a friend suggest maybe fiction or romance but I realized I'm too analytical and writing something "fake" would drive me nuts cause I would keep trying to make sense of it. How silly is that? It is however a very interesting thing I learned about myself and also a clue as to what my writing voice ISNT. So at least I have a first step to learning what I need to not do .

I've also thought about the things I have done even though I've never published. One is paraphrasing the bible and also other books. The other is journaling. Perhaps between those two things I can expand my horizons. I guess even this is doing that. I may be off to a good start after all. Who knows? I'd appreciate any comments or feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment