I have been really annoyed lately at people who refuse to communicate yet expect you to understand what they need and want. Some people think they are being so kind by trying to gently tell you what they want or what they dont want yet by being "kind" they end up just being confusing and aggravating.
I must admit I am guilty of this alot of time and I get angry with myself when I do it however there have been alot of incidents lately where I have had people angry with me for weeks, even months because they havent told me directly that they wanted something or that I was doing something that hurt them.
The worst part is often these people are two faced and will tell you they are perfectly happy with you to your face but tell others what an "ogre" you are. I have a good heart and I love people and generally try to be a nice person but when people do this to me I feel like such a bad person. Then I get confused because I have no idea "how to be a better person" when it reality I never did anything wrong.
I cant do anything about how others will do this but I am going to try my best to change my ways of communicating so I dont do this to others and maybe perhaps feel better about myself when I am honest.
I have always said that communication is the most important thing in marriage, no one is a mind reader and it isn't fair to expect anyone to be able to know what your thinking. Not just in marriage but all relationships...
ReplyDelete