Writing

I am trying my hand at writing. I am a newbie but love doing it so feel free to learn from what I am learning from as I add new things.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My favorite play times as a child

One of my favorite places to play when I was little was under a "great big" pine tree in our yard. My dad was a machinist so he brought home a "spool" for large wire that I would use as a table. I would play tea party and house for hours. I also loved to play teacher and would put my stuffed animals and dollies around the table.

I found this place a solace from my world of hospitals and surgerys. I could fantasize about being a mommy. Keeping my "children" happy and safe. I'd teach them how to read and spell and give them lessons on etiquette and manors.

I loved playing with the pine cones and sticks under the tree and alway felt like the tree was hiding me from everything, keeping me safe even though I could be seen from the street in the front.

I also had a life size doll house I loved to play in during my kindergarten class. They had play cups and and bowls, pots and pans that I would pretend to take care of my own beautiful house. I dont rememeber anyone ever playing with me in it so I could make it any way I wanted.

Come to think of it playing house was my favorite game.

No comments:

Post a Comment