Raggedy Anne and Andy were my favorite growing up. I had a Raggedy Anne on my crutch when I was little and a male friend of mine had a Raggedy Andy. We always hung out so when people saw us together they thought we were "a couple" lol. I guess that is one thing that I loved about it is that it brought smiles to peoples faces that I passed by. People often stare at me like Im kinda freaky but when I was little they couldnt help but think. CUTE. Boy are those days long gone lol.
Another of my favorite dolls was a furry stuffed puppy I called Puff. He went with me through all my surgerys and by then I had at least 10. I would feel like he was my guard dog against the doctors. It was a silly notion but when your a scared little girl it sure seemed comforting.
Mandy was a doll that I had been looking at for months because she was beautiful. She had blonde shoulder length hair and a pretty pink night gown with lace on the bodice. I pretended she was my little girl. I had dreams of being mommy and was so trying to learn to be a good one :)
I think dolls really gave me an opportunity to dream about what I wanted to be and do when I grew up. I could be a mommy, a teacher, and a wife. Dolls were a wonderful outlet for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment